Larissa Sadilova (Sidorova)
Born in 1965 in Briansk, Larissa Sadilova graduated from VGIK (the
actorsU workshop of Sergei Gerasimov and Tamara Makarova) in 1986. She has
acted in the films Lev Tolstoi (dir. Sergei Gerasimov, 1984),
The Night (dir. Gennadii Sidorov, 1990), and Not to Forget, Not
to Forgive. Happy Birthdayis Sadilova's debut as a director.
She dedicated the film to her son, Vladimir.
Happy Birthday [S dnem rozhdeniia!] (1998)
The film set in a Russian provincial maternity ward, mixes fictional
elements with documentary footage. The run-down facilities create a
striking background to the stories of several women sharing their moments
of intense happiness and grief.
- 69 min. Russia. B/W.
- Production: Cinema Support Foundation
- Director and Scriptwriter: Larissa Sadilova
- Camera: Irina Ural'skaia, Aleksandr Kazarenskov
- Music: Sergei Rakhmaninov, Georgii Sviridov
- Producer: Gennadii Sidorov
- Cast: Gulia Mkhitarian, Irina Proshina, Evgeniia Turkina, Masha
KuzUmina, Rano Kubaeva
- "Larissa Sadilova: Before and After the Debut." Information
Bulletin of the Gorky Film Studio1/40 (January, 1999): 8-10.
- Stishova, Elena. "Dandelion by the Fence." Iskusstvo kino12
- Turovskaia, Maia. "Kinotavr in the Absence of Process and Event, or
Shards of Glass." Iskusstvo kino 11 (1998): 85-91.