In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the University of Pittsburgh has cancelled all on-campus events for the foreseeable future. That cancellation includes the Russian Film Symposium.
It is with regret that we announce that this year’s symposium is cancelled. We thank the organizers, participants, filmmakers, and distinguished guests for their time, energy, and effort. We also thank the sponsors of the Symposium for their support, including:
- The University of Pittsburgh
- Carnegie Mellon Museum of Art
- The Pittsburgh Foundation
- The Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- The Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- The Humanities Center
- The University Center for International Studies
- The Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
- The Film and Media Studies Program
- The Graduate Program for Cultural Studies
- Soiuzmul’tfilm Film Studio
In the case that any further updates are necessary, they will appear on this web page. Thank you.